In most types of real estate markets, the quality and insight of the marketing plan is often a big factor and a difference in results, in terms of price, potential buyers, etc. ! While this may not be as significant, in an extreme seller’s market, such as the one we are witnessing/experiencing right now, as it is in others, it still has some impact! The best, highest quality real estate professionals often differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack by the development and importance of their plans and approaches in this area! With that in mind, this article will briefly attempt to review, review, revise, and discuss 5 key steps to creating truly successful steps.
1. Overall plan: How does the specific property differ from its competitors? What exactly is its competition and why? What specific niche, if any, could this house fit into? An agent owes it to his client (the owner) to fully explain his reasoning and how he plans to create the necessary degree of buzz! Owners and agents, must proceed, on the same page, from the beginning, to maximize desirable results, etc.!
2. Table of responsibilities between the agent and the client: If you want the desired result, start the process, in a mutually informed way! Everyone must understand, realize and accept their specific duties, as they relate to this table of responsibilities! When the owner and the agent he selects, and hires, are comfortable with, and agree, from the start, the plan is better executed. For example, the owner must keep the house, clean and tidy, and ready to be shown, at short notice, to realize the best possibilities! They should discuss things like exhibits, advertising, open days, etc. !
3. Chronology: Most people, selling their home, are preoccupied with the stresses, strains, hassles, etc. which often accompany this period! Frequent discussions between client and agent help create a viable timeline and often a more realistic and prepared owner!
4. Review/discuss: The best plans, of mice and men, often go astray! How many times have we heard that, however, to continue, not to learn the main lessons? Since it is impossible to accurately predict the future, there should generally be a pre-scheduled weekly hour (at a minimum), where the parties fully discuss results, projections (or lack of) and, if , it is need to adjust/fine tune plan and approach!
5. Modify/adjust, as indicated/necessary: Avoid being inflexible, but maintain a balance between hope and reality! It may be necessary to modify and adjust the plan/approach, if and when necessary and indicated!
Smart agents and owners depend on a quality marketing plan! Doesn’t that make sense?